Wednesday 10 October 2012

Gardening and Nature

We have been doing some plant propagation lately, starting with some peas, now waiting to plant out these gorgeous nasturtiums.   I planned a nature walk so we can collect seeds but the day took some other twists and at the end we found ourselves at the zoo where I was very excited to be able to collect some seeds with my little ones.  I had completely forgotten our intent when my son pointed out seeds lying all over the floor at the base of a tree there.  Then onward and with a new eye for the plants around the zoo we collected some Hakea seed pods.  I cannot wait for them to open and then have a go at growing some natives.



When we were making our initial plans I put together a list of plants that you can collect seeds from at this time of year in the box gum grassland around Canberra.

No comments:

Post a Comment